Friday, October 05, 2007

 

Not even remotely funny

There I was, Wednesday night, minding my own business... Or, rather, that's what I should have been doing. Instead, one tiny misfired neuron in my brain made me attempt to balance on a metal fence for the first time in my life. A one-foot-tall fence, at that. No harm in it, right? Right?
WRONG.
I fell the wrong way, landed smack on my left shoulder, and immediately went into pain spasms. The shoulder had been dislocated.
After about half an hour of ceaseless pain (during which I got home and my parents ran to find a doctor, it being yontif and all), my shoulder was finally relocated. That's the good news. The bad news is that the ligaments up there were torn, so turn I've got to keep my arm held against my body at a 90-degree angle indefinitely until they can operate on it.
!^%$<&^*#?%!$^&$#!?+>

TODAY'S BOOK: "Triumph and Tragedy in Mudville: A Lifelong Passion for Baseball", by Stephen Jay Gould ((c) 2003)

TODAY'S WEBSITE: http://www.lolcats.com/ An Internet site filled with with funny videos or photographs of cats, frequently accompanied by misspelled captions guaranteed to make you, as the name shows, "LOL". Monorail Cat seems to be usually at or near the top of the popularity charts, but my personal favorite is the hysterically frightening Hover Cat. Be warned, there seems to be an an inexplicable obsession with cheesburgers (or "cheezburgrs") all over the place.

Labels:


Comments:
!!! Menachem, I'm so sorry about your accident. It's my understanding that a dislocated shoulder is an incredibly painful injury. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You know, a couple thousand hours on a skateboard will sharpen that sense of balance right up! ;-) Take Care.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)