Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 

160th post

Exactly nineteen years ago today, I was born on both the 12th of August 1989 CE, but also on the 11th of Av 5749. Today, for the first time since then, it is both August 12th and Av 11th (2008 and 5768, respectively). To celebrate, here some comic strips that ran on that day!

CALVIN AND HOBBES


DOONESBURY


GARFIELD


PEANUTS
(not found)

Those are just four of the six strips I read daily. The other two were not yet started in 1989, but in (respectively) 1996 and 1997. Here are their appearances from today:

DILBERT


ZITS



Hope you enjoyed it; I sure have!

TODAY'S BOOK: "The Great Skinner Getaway", by Stephanie S. Tolan ((c) 1987)

TODAY'S WEBSITE: www.jonathanpollard.org Let me put this succintly: if you do not think that Jonathan Pollard should be freed, you are Not My Friend.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)