Sunday, September 28, 2008

 

177th post

The Jerusalem Post has a weekly comic strip called Back 2 Basics, done by a guy named Matt Zalen. Two weeks ago, he announced a contest: the winner would get their submission printed in the Post; the runners-up would get published on his website.
Seeing as how thousands of people read the Jerusalem Post but nobody in their right minds would want to visit his website, I was really hoping I would win. In fact, I drew six entries in the hopes I would make it.
I didn't.
But at least I have the consolation of finishing second to a comic strip that was both well-drawn, funny, and drawn by a professional cartoonist who has appeared in (among other places) MAD Magazine.
This was what placed runner-up:

That, by the way, was probably the least funniest of my submissions. When I showed them to other people, for instance, this was the the one that got the most yuks:

And this one was my personal favorite:

Then again, seeing the quality of the others two runners-up (Zauder and Staats) as well as the judge's, I shouldn't really be all that surprised.

TODAY'S BOOK: "The Tao of Pooh", by Benjamin Hoff ((c) 1982)

Labels: ,


Comments:
So tell me, why exactly would nobody in "their right minds" want to read my site?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)