Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

14th post

Should crap be labeled "Malice Mel"?
In Hebrew, we have a different version of Old MacDonald. Translated: "Uncle Moshe had a cow, E-I-E-I-O/He didn't know how to milk her, E-I-E-I-O/Instead of milking, he pulled the tail/And all the crap fell on him/Uncle Moshe had a cow, E-I-E-I-O." o_o
What a perfectly random name for a book: "I Am the Cheese", by Robert Cormier. Just as good as the Beatles' song "I Am the Walrus".
Wakka. Wakka. Wakka wakka? Wak?! Wakka wakka-wak wakka wakka, wakka! Wak wak wakka... Wakka wakka.
The rainy season has started here, and there's a puddle in front my school big enough to grow freshwater trout in.
I don't think comic book illustrations should ape life too much. Take Tony Daniel, for instance. He used to illustrate comics in what I refer to as "toon style"--that is, well-drawn yet slightly exaggerated and stylized; now, he's illustrating DC Comics's "Teen Titans" and changed his style to photographic. Now, this is no knock on Mr. Daniel--he's very talented and I enjoy looking at his artwork--but I just don't feel it should be used for comic books. (To see how he changed, read through the archives at tonydaniel.blogspot.com.) When the illsutrations become too lifelike, they stop being comics, you know what I mean?
I've found my life's philosophy wrapped up in the chorus of the song "Grow Up" by Simple Plan: "Until the day I die, I promise I won't change/So you better give up/I don't wanna be told to grow up/And I don't wanna change/I just wanna have fun..."

TODAY'S BOOK: "Animorphs #1: The Invasion", by K.A. Applegate ((c) 1996)

TODAY'S MOVIE: "Robots", from DreamWorks (2005)

WWWW2?: O. Henry.

TODAY'S WEBSITE: www.snopes.com Need to verify a rumor that's been circulating online? How can you be sure that the photo you received in the e-mail is genuine? Well, look no farther than Snopes--the most advanced rumor-checker on the Web! Divided up into dozens of categories (plus links in between to shared stories), this is an exatraordinarily useful feature--not to mention there's great fun to be had reading through the entries. And no, there is no "SEX" in The Lion King.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)