Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

M.I.T.

Ah, in this world I may be a geeky loser who doesn't do his homework even when he should, but in a parallel universe I am the lead singer in a band called MIT--that's short for Musicians In Training. (Hey, it's better than The Shins. Oy.) Since it's a parallel universe, not only can I play the guitar, but I even have a good singing voice, not to mention that the band is quite popular, thankyouverymuch. Among our songs are "Ask Me No Questions and I'll Tell You No Lies", "Conservationism", "Tell Me, Tell Me", "What the French are For" (a parody), and the #1 chart-topper "Raging at the Wall", which has quite a story behind it. Naturally, not a single word is true, because it never happened, due to it being in a parallel universe and all that. But you get the drift.

TODAY'S BOOK: "M.C. Higgins, the Great", by Virginia Hamilton ((c) 1974)

TODAY'S MOVIE: "Who Done It?", from Universal (1942)

WWWW2?: Jaleel White.

TODAY'S WEBSITE: thrillingwonder.blogspot.com A former Blogspot Blog of Note that actually deserved the honor (trust me, I have no idea how they pick them), Dark Roasted Blend is a site to Get Lost In, scrolling through the oodles and oodles of photo- and picture-essays that are uploaded to it practically daily, on subjects ranging from the humorous to the profound to the scientific to the amazing to the plain old weird. Great fun.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)