Sunday, April 29, 2007

 

52nd post

To Eric (because the [deleted] Blogspot again isn't letting me to add comments): Just to ensure you get the highest possible enjoyment out of saying Wakka Wakka through correct pronunciation, a sample from CapeTown's "Waka Waka" song (first mentioned in WAKKA WAKKA) can be played here. Despite the misspelling, the pronunciation's fairly accurate, except that the "ah" is supposed to be just a hair more Western.
As some of you may have heard, Michael Jackson is considering converting to Islam. I don't know about you, but if I were an Arab I wouldn't be too thrilled about a hermaphroditic refugee from plastic surgery wanting to join my religion.
Santa squashed the Mayans. I bought a bendy bow.
As the end of my final school year beckons, one by one I tick off each subject as its matriculation exam is undergone. English... check. History... check. Hebrew... check. Gemara... check.
To paraphrase (plagiarize?) Bill Cosby, there is no pain the world greater than trying to get out a sneeze and failing miserably. Your nasal tornado gets stuck in the sinus. "What are you doing?" "I'm exhaling my brain, sir, what do you think?"
Digger. Flyer. Lunch break is just never over.
Wakka wakka!

TODAY'S BOOK: "The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got That Way", by Bill Bryson ((c) 1990)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)