Sunday, June 01, 2008

 

129th post

Nothing, not even Pokemon, is completely worthless. Case in point: the hauntingly beautiful song "The Time Has Come", composed for an episode where Ash (temporarily) parts ways with Pikachu. I came across it in the following YouTube tribute to The WB network when it became The CW (another, more recent, tribute, with a different tune but equally good to the first one, was made when the whole thing went off the air. Watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ-ACvcgg7c). If ever, chas v'shalom, I have to split up with my best friend, this is what I would be thinking.

People, it's very nice that all of you (including my first visitors from Saudi Arabia and--yikes!--Iran) have come to push my "hits" list over 1,500, but you really should stay longer. Really. It's a nice blog. Trust me, I know. (And it hardly ever bites.) As it stands, the average visit lasts 1/30th of a minute. That's not very encouraging. (And what's with the seven hits via "nobrand.awardspace.com" over the last 24 hours? It only allows access via Firefox, and I don't want to bother downloading it.)
[placeholder]
And once again, Matt Wise and Carlos Muniz have played flip-flop, with the 32-bearer returning again (2008 MLB line to date: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 4 Ks, 0 R).

TODAY'S BOOK: "Tools for Thought: The History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology", by Howard Rheingold ((c) 1985, 2000)

TODAY'S WEBSITE: Just a removal this time. I really don't know why I bothered leaving the link to B'Kesher up all this time, having graduated from there a whole year ago (pictorial evidence here). Bye-bye and rood giddance to rad bubbish!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I found your site while searching for nobrand awardspace because I saw them on my blog referrals. Their site is just advertising to try to get bloggers to sign up with them for webhosting or something. They are hitting people's blogger blogs to get traffic to their site, that's all. So you didn't miss anything.
 
You know what? A few weeks ago, Rickey would've given you shit for your praise for Pokemon. Then Rickey discovered Super Smash Brothers Brawl and goddamned if that magnificent yellow bastard Pikachu doesn't absolutely obliterate the opposition. God help Rickey: "Pika!"
 
Fun blog! I found you by following the link to, and from nobrand as well. Shameless advertising perhaps, but something good came of it. ;-)

I really enjoy your creative style. Keep it up!
 
me too.... I can't even connect to the nobrand thing. Granted, now I understand that it is pretty pointless - as it's likely something I'm not interested in.

BTW - great blog....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)