Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

Criticism of Blogger - revisited (redux)

Nearly half a year since posting my follow-up to the original post, it is once again time to readdress my nine Not to Like points about Blogger.
1. They have not yet chosen me for a Blog of Note. Still haven't, hint hint. No change.
2. Every time I come here I have to sign in. That "Remember Me" option is broken and it makes things a right pain in the neck. I think this got fixed for a short time. If it was, it's broken again, and I have to keep signing out of my brother's Gmail account, which makes it an even bigger pain. There must be a more efficient way of doing it.
3. The "Comments" section is variable as to whether I can actually enter it, and when I do it's sometimes needlessly picky about letting me post there. Much better service in this area now. Makes life a lot easier. Fault-proof. Congratulations!
4. Forcing me to upgrade. Look, the former version may have been more primitive, but I wanted to switch over in my own sweet time. No change. See note on #1.
4a. And now that I've upgraded, I've lost the option to Search all of the blogs instead of just my own. A-noy-ying! I can do this from my Edit Posts page, so scratch that. On the other hand, replace "just my own" with "just any blog I happen to be searching from" and you get an even bigger complaint. Still a giant stinking turd of a problem.
5. The "Help" section is miniscule. And it's still no great shakes. But it doesn't really matter since I barely use it.
6. For once, random is not good--the vagary of the "Next Blog" button. The one point over which I want to give Blogger's staff the finger. See note on #1.
7. The "Profile" section is still primitive--I can put my astrological sign up, but not my birth date. 'Sup with that? See note on #4. See note on #1.
8. The link to a picture in a post does not automatically open in a new window. Trivial, but nonetheless there. It's embarrassing to think I even wrote this. I am a technological dinosaur.
9. Wakka wakka. Wakka wakka! Wakka wakka, wakka wakka.

TODAY'S BOOK: "The Landry News", by Andrew Clements ((c) 1999)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)