Friday, June 19, 2009

 

What Blogger means to me

Or more accurately, what did Blogger do for me? That is the subject of today's post.
I'll be honest with you: so far, Blogger has not changed my life. But it gave me something to do, at a time when I sorely needed such a thing.
I began blogging in October of 2006. Twelfth grade--graduation year--had just started, and the pressure, while not at full tilt, was beginning to build. I was driving my friends up the wall more than usual. I needed an outlet for all my insane random energy.
So I sez to myself, I sez, "Why not start a blog?"
And I did.
And you know what? It was fun. And it worked.
As "The Blog of Ultimate Randomness", Giant Boogers from Outer Space gave me a venue to vent my pent-up frustration and stress in the form of off-the-wall, meaningless babble. This continued for a very long time with very much to say, all sound and fury signifying nothing (or something like that). It took, in fact, ten months--and sixty-seven posts--for the out-of-control randomness to die down. Since then, its been a bit more controlled, but no less subdued. Along the way, I have matured (slightly), along with Blogger. I've even started up a secondary blog, devoted exclusively to my artwork, that may eventually one day help me find gainful employment in the field. There's been some stuff to criticize here, but also a lot to admire.
So happy 10th birthday, www.blogger.com. You've earned it.

TODAY'S BOOK: "Yobgorgle: Mystery Monster of Lake Ontario", by Daniel M. Pinkwater ((c) 1979)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blog Directory - Blogged
A big thank you to Sea-of-Green!
(12/18/08)